Monday, March 7, 2011

You don't look THAT big...

So what exactly does that mean? Over the summer after a phone call from my BFF I realized that it was time for me to do something about my weight. I mean I wasn't extremely Discovery Health Channel special huge but I am not your size 8 not a care in the world size either. I like to refer to myself as a member of team chunk and I am no longer satisfied with my membership. So I set out to loose 100 lbs... yeeeaaahhhhhhhh. I started working out regularly in August, took a break for some of September, then kicked it into high gear till November. Unfortunately I got injured and had to cease all workouts and things of that nature. But I was still motivated...I, Joanne had lost 22 pounds (at the time). I was so elated and over joyed. Now at a 26lbs weight loss, I cant help but feel that I have so much further to go... 74 pounds to be exact. When ever I tell people that I am loosing 100 lbs I always get the "You don't need to loose that much weight, you're not THAT big"... Question: What exactly is THAT big??? Sometimes I wonder what I look like to others. Yea, your saying "It doesn't matter what people think"...ummmm you try being tubby. Although I am not losing that weight for other (it took me a while to figure that out), I still do wonder. But I digress, I want to loose weight to be healthy, happy, live a longer life, and YES fit into that designer label dress. Now, that I have been working out and seeing the change in my body and when I lose the quickest and the slowest... I might drop it down to 80 lbs total... but we will cross that pudding covered bridge when we get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment